I Never Thought I'd Learn to Knit

Posted by Darwin Garza

If you had told me when I was a kid that I would end up being someone who knits, I would have laughed in your face. I'm the least creative person you will ever find. In high school, I took a home economics class and barely passed the course. So when my best friend asked me to attend a knitting class with her at the local community center, I didn't want to go. I thought it would be a disaster. Fortunately, I decided to take the class with her and loved every minute of it. My knitting teacher was patient and knowledgeable. In fact, she was so skilled at teaching knitting that I learned to knit too.

It's been about three years since I took that knitting class, and now I knit all the time. I really enjoy watching Direct TV while I knit. It's a great way for me to relax as I sit watching my favorite show. I usually like to knit things like blankets and scarves. Then I just give them away to family and friends. One day I'd like to try knitting a sweater. Knitting is such a great way to keep the hands busy when you're in the waiting room of your doctor's office. I'm kind of shy so when I'm at a social gathering, I like to bring my knitting along so I can knit while I listen to other people talk.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FreeLoader Solar Battery Charger

MrBeast Burger - My Experience