MrBeast Burger - My Experience

 


*** DISCLAIMER: At the time of this writing, I did not work for MrBeast or any of his affiliates. Also, I used my own money to pay for the meal mentioned and reviewed in this writing.


If you have ever scoured the Internet looking for entertaining videos besides the latest cute cat video...




You have, undoubtedly, come across a video by MrBeast.


MrBeast is a very well known Youtuber with millions of subscribers stretching across several channels.

In his videos, MrBeast, along with friends Karl, Chris, and Chandler can be seen doing crazy stunts and giving away large sums of money to people of various walks of life.




Recently, MrBeast decided to create MrBeast Burger - a virtual restaurant brand where people can use a branded mobile app or website to order fast food items delivered to their door (in some areas, you can actually pick up the items yourself, but at the time of this writing, that option was not available in the DFW area).


\




I really do admire all of the amazing things that MrBeast has done over the years. Even when he was promoting the MrBeast Burger idea, Jimmy (aka MrBeast) gave away a car to a patron who was sideswiped by another car who had visited their promotional venue.


If nothing else, MrBeast's acts of kindness won me over as a fan, and so I wanted to show my support of MrBeast Burger by purchasing some of the items on their online menu.


This proved to be trickier than expected...


I did a Google search for the MrBeast Burger website so that I could find out how to order from the MrBeast Burger menu. I will admit this would have been much easier had I downloaded the MrBeast Burger app, but I prefer doing most things on a computer. (SIDE NOTE: I just discovered that you can win prizes by ordering through the app so I will probably forgo my present app rule).


After locating the MrBeast Burger website, I proceeded to explore the website to find out how to order their food items. After seeing that DFW was a possible delivery location, I clicked on the “Order Now” button.


That's when the yogurt hit the fan...




After putting in my full address and delivery instructions, I found that the “Check Delivery Address” button wasn't working. Confused, I filled in random dots in address line 2 to see if that would help, but still no luck. Even clicking over and over again like a hamster on Red Bull did nothing useful.




Undaunted, I decided to try a different approach. Since the Mr Beast Burger website allows you to set up an account, I figured that would be the way to go. I went ahead and set up my own online account.


Eureka!!! I was on my way :)



On the orders page, I decided to go with a Karl’s Grilled Cheese and a Crispy Chicken Tender Sandwich (I kind of wish MrBeast would name the second item something more interesting like the Chand-Tender Chicken Sandwich since this was inspired by his friend Chandler).






Once I ordered the items, I went through the rest of the steps to pay for everything and was given a delivery time of 1:02 pm. This seemed perfect since my lunch break was at 1:45 pm. Currently, I work from home for my regular job so I usually listen for a knock at my door when I am expecting a delivery.


The delivery time came, and went. Then it was 1:15 pm – no food


1:30 pm – still no food.


I was really getting worried because the delivery time still said 1:02 pm and had not changed. At this point, I decided to implement “Plan B” and opened up a can of soup for my lunch. I would love to say that I handled this part of things with calmness and maturity, but instead I fantasized about my lunch being stolen off my front porch and me chasing the thief down the street blowing a fog horn at them yelling “GET YOUR OWN!!!”




No, this is not the most mature way to think about this kind of thing, but I was VERY hungry at this point since I skipped breakfast in hopes that being really hungry would make the meal even more memorable ( TRUTH BE TOLD – I skipped breakfast because I routinely do intermittent fasting in the mornings).


When I re-read the text message I received on my phone about the delivery time, I realized there was a link to track the order. Since I have a flip phone, the link did not automatically populate the tracking website. I hand typed the link into my computer and THAT'S when I understood what was really happening.



My order was still in route, and had not been taken by porch pirates (my SINCEREST apologies to porch pirates everywhere ; this time, it was not your fault).


This was great consolation in regards to knowing that I would indeed get my order, but the bad news was that my order would be delivered roughly 10 minutes before my lunch hour was over. But, now that I had this information, I went ahead and hungrily ate my soup while patiently waiting for my order to arrive.


The delivery person was really nice, and apologized for my order being late. I felt bad for her because I know she was not the one who gave the 1:02 pm delivery time nor was she probably the one that cooked the food. The delivery people are completely at the mercy of the circumstances for the lateness of an order, but they are the ones that have to deal with the disappointed end customer which does not seem fair.




I took my order inside, and tore open the top of the bag which I instantly regretted since I was wanting to take a picture of the outside packaging intact. The items looked promising, but I was really happy about getting the free cup even though I did not order a drink.




I decided to try out the Chicken Sandwich first since I figured that, even if it was a little cold, it would still be good. It was quite tasty, and I was definitely glad I purchased it (I didn't do any of the burgers since I don't really eat beef that often). I quickly polished off the whole chicken sandwich since I needed to get logged back on for my job.






By the time I finished the chicken sandwich, my lunch was pretty much over, but I still had one more break left. 

I timed everything just right so that I could warm up the grilled cheese sandwich and have enough time to eat it during my last break (I do apologize for not taking a picture of the mouth-watering melted cheese of this sandwich, but I was EXTREMELY hungry and couldn't wait and just devoured the sandwich.). To my credit, I was able to stop myself long enough to discover that the grilled cheese sandwich was even more delicious when you add grilled Wild Alaskan salmon to it (that last 1/4 of the grilled cheese sandwich was THE BEST!!!).





Overall, I was very happy with everything, and now have my very own MrBeast Burger souvenir cup. But, after giving this some thought, I came up with some ideas that might make the MrBeast Burger ordering experience even better...


- Pick Up and Delivery Cannot Have The Same Time Schedule


When someone is going to pick up an order, it is much easier to figure out when the food will be ready for pick up. However, if the food is going to be delivered, that is a whole other story. It takes time for the food to be cooked, sacked, and given to a driver who will probably be delivering other food items along the way.


For deliveries, it would probably be better to give an opening message of “Thank you for your order. Your food is being prepared and you will receive another text message once your order is ready. You can track your order at https://####”. Which rings me to my next suggestion...


- Have The Order Tracking Link Relate Better To Your Order


For the order tracking link, it would really be cool if the link was related to the place you were ordering from. Since I was ordering from MrBeast, and it was backed by doordash, do something like doordash.com/mrbeast/1796184346 - (this was my original order number).


My actual order tracking link was something like: drd.sh/randomlettersandnumbers


- Access The Order Tracking Link From My Account


Since I needed to track my order online, it would have been great if I could have accessed the order tracking info while I was logged into my MrBeast Burger website account. This option would be very handy, even if I had the MrBeast Burger app on my smart phone. 

If the battery went dead on my phone, or I accidentally broke my phone before my order arrived, I would still be able to log into the MrBeast Burger website to track my order.


- Offer Cold Items On The Menu


There are many great cold food items that would do really well on the MrBeast Burger menu. That way, if a person knows they are not going to have access to a microwave or oven, or would not have enough time to warm up their food, they can still get a great meal they can truly enjoy since the food was suppose to arrive cold anyway. Personally, I would LOVE to see a turkey and / or chicken wrap on the menu (hint, hint).


I think that is about it. Overall, I had fun, and the food was great!


Also, MrBeast is really doing a lot of good out there and has really great online content. You may want to subscribe to one or all of his Youtube channels:


ShopMrBeast.com

JoinHoney.com/MrBeast


Here Are My TOP 5 Favorite MrBeast Videos (thus far):


Would You Sit In Snakes For $10,000?



The World's Hardest Video Game!



I Got Hunted By A Real Bounty Hunter



Anything You Can Fit In The Circle I’ll Pay For



I Adopted EVERY Dog In A Dog Shelter










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FreeLoader Solar Battery Charger